Process Control Help

tylerca at jeld-wen.com tylerca at jeld-wen.com
Fri Jul 27 17:08:47 EDT 2007

I'm attempting to start some process control using Python.  I've have
quite a bit of literature on networking, and have made some tinkering
servers and clients for different protocols HTTP, FTP, etc... But now
it's time for the murky web of industrial protocol.  I'm looking to
start with IO and servo controls via  Ethernet.

Questions:

Is there an existing forum on this already?
What protocols are the most python friendly? i.e. are transparent
enough that i can create my own python driver. (or do these drivers
exist?)
What ethernet accesible servo and IO industrial devices have people
had success with?