Accessing Python variables in an extension module

MD manasd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:08:13 EDT 2007

Hi Alex,
   Thanks for your reply. It was exactly what I was looking for. Two
additional questions
1) Is there anyway to find out which modules a variable belongs to
when I have only its name (and its not qualified with the complete
name like module.varname)
2) Is there anyway to find the type of the object in C using something
like a switch statement? I was looking for something like this
   switch type(object) {
      STRING: "This is a string object";
              break;
      INTEGER: "This is an integer object";
              break;
      BOOLEAN: "This is a boolean object";
      }
I don't want to run all the C Py***_Check functions on the object.
Something like the switch statement above will lead to nice and clean
code.
Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,
-Manas