Validating XML in Windows

Omari Norman omari at smileystation.com
Sun Jul 8 12:01:45 EDT 2007

My app needs to validate XML. That's easy enough in Unix. What is the
best way to do it in Windows?

The most obvious choice would of course be PyXML. However, apparently it
is no longer maintained:

so there are no Windows binaries that work with Python 2.5. Getting
other XML libraries like libxml2 also seems to be quite difficult on
Windows.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem and found a solution? It would
even be fine if I could find a free command-line validator that I could
invoke with subprocess, but I haven't even had luck with that.

Thanks,
Omari

--
Pay a little now, or pay a lot later.