Abort trap - Fatal Python error: GC object already tracked

p.lavarre at ieee.org p.lavarre at ieee.org
Tue Jul 10 13:06:41 EDT 2007

Is this interesting Python output?

$ gc-object-already-tracked.py

File "/Users/admin/Desktop/lxio/gc-object-already-tracked.py", line
770, in __main__.REDACTED
Failed example:
    nqzhexes(self.send())
Expected:
    '... [redacted] ...'z
Got:
    '... [redacted] ...'
Fatal Python error: GC object already tracked
Abort trap
$
$ /usr/bin/env python --version
Python 2.5.1
$ uname
Darwin
$

I can just avoid it, I don't need to solve it, but tell me I can help
by solving it, and I'll look more closely.

I can't just share all this source with you - I wrote a simulation for
pay under c*nfidentiality - but if I find I can throw away most of the
source and still produce the error, I could share that.