Function parameter type safety?

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:53:41 EDT 2007

Good replies.

I'm in the process of learning Python. I'm a native C++ programmer, so
you can see how the question relates. There's a lot of cool things C++
allowed you to do with type-checking, such as function overloading.
With templates + type checking, I can create a STD version of ifstream/
ofstream in Python. However, I found it isn't possible since Python
mainly works with strings in file data instead of bytes. To write a
number 400000 to a file in python would take 6 bytes instead of 4, for
example. Anyway, I just wanted to explain why I was asking about type
checking. There's other measures I'm willing to take to get my job
done. Thanks guys.