From D

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 26 02:21:16 EDT 2007

"mensanator at aol.com" <mensanator at aol.com> writes:

> On Jul 25, 8:54?pm, Steven D'Aprano
> <st... at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> Any number of whitespace characters? Just spaces or all whitespace
> characters?

> What about searching source code files? What's the regular
> expression for locating a number with an arbitrary number of digits
> seperated into an arbitrary number of blocks of an arbitray number
> of digits with an arbitrary number of whitespace characters between
> each block?

These issues all exist for implicitly concatenated string literals. It
seems the same rules would apply; that would both make sense from an
implementation standpoint, and result in consistency for the Python
programmer too.

--
 \     "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, Brain, but |
  `\       wouldn't his movies be more suitable for children if he was |