IDEs for COM scripting: C# v. Python v. Iron Python v. JPython

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Jul 5 00:41:13 EDT 2007

I love the typing assist I get when using C# in VS2005 to write COM clients.

I need to write a program to automate some tasks in outlook. Givin that the
typing assist feature is very important to me, what would be the best
combination of IDE and language for COM scripting?

I was experimenting with Groovy and Eclipse and was extremely pleased to
discover that I get the typing assist with that combination. However, I'm
getting an accvio with a minimal outlook COM client. I hear great things
about Iron Python: is there a good IDE for it that has a typing assist?

Thanks,
Siegfried