Packages

Kevin T. Ryan kevin.t.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:55:29 EDT 2007

Hi All -

I'm having a problem and I hope you can help.  I can't seem to import
packages from within the package substructure as I think I should be
able to.  For example, I create a directory structure as follows:

testpkg
  __init__.py [empty]
  testsub1/
    __init__.py [empty]
    bad.py [import testpkg.testsub2.good; print "hello from bad"] <-
error
  testsub2/
    __init__.py [empty]
    good.py [print "hello from good"]

Whenever I try to run bad.py (just python bad.py from within the
testsub2 subdirectory or from above the testpkg directory) I get an
error.  For example:

$ python testpkg/testsub1/bad.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testpkg/testsub1/bad.py", line 1, in <modul
    import testpkg.testsub2.good
ImportError: No module named testpkg.testsub2.good

How can I get my subpackages to recognize other subpackages in the
same top-level package?  Thanks in advance!!

Kevin