Portable general timestamp format, not 2038-limited

Martin Gregorie martin at see.sig.for.address
Wed Jul 11 08:39:20 EDT 2007

Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> Martin Gregorie
> <martin at see.sig.for.address>], who wrote in article <u1fdm4-32o.ln1 at zoogz.gregorie.org>:
>> Its in "A Short History of Time". Sorry I can't quote chapter or page,
>> but a friend borrowed my copy and lent me Dawkins "Climbing Mount
>> Improbable" before vanishing, never to be seen since. Not an equal
>> exchange: I preferred ASHOT to CMI.

Oops - I should have written "A Brief History of Time". It was the first
edition, so I don't know if it was altered/edited out of later versions.

> I would prefer a reference to a peer-reviewed paper.  ;-)

Sure, but I don't think you'll find one. It was in a descriptive, rather
than rigorous, passage. But then, the book famously had only one
equation in it.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK