Technology solutions for Ruby?

vasudevram vasudevram at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:25:13 EDT 2007

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

>s/some/great/g

>Both Ruby and Python are known for this.

Thanks for the info. (I don't know much about metaprogramming etc. in
either languages - just started exploring those topics recently.)

>I'd say that - wrt/ "advanced" programming tricks - *most* of what you
can do with one can be done with the other - but usually in a *very*
different way. While Ruby and Python have similar features and may
look
very similar at first sight, their respective object models are
totally
different.

Can you briefly explain what you mean by "their respective object
models are totally different"? Do you refer to how the object-
orientation (classes, objects, etc.) is implemented in the two
languages?

Thanks
Vasudev