Parsing XML with ElementTree (unicode problem?)

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 24 04:10:36 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 05:57:26 +0000, oren.tsur wrote:

> but the thing is that the parser parses it all right from the web (the
> amazon response) but fails to parse the locally saved file.

I've just used wget to fetch that URL and `ElementTree` parses that local
file without problems.

Maybe you should stop searching the explanation within Python or
`ElementTree` and accept having a broken XML file on your disk.  :-)

Have you checked the local XML file with something like `xmllint` or
another XML parser already?

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch