object references/memory access

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jul 1 00:05:21 EDT 2007

dlomsak <dlomsak at gmail.com> writes:
> knowledge of the topic to help. If the above are not possible but you
> have a really good idea for zipping large amounts of data from one
> program to another, I'd like to hear it.

One cheesy thing you might try is serializing with marshal rather than
pickle.  It won't handle as many object types, and it's not guaranteed
interoperable from one Python version to another, but it's potentially
faster than pickle.  Of course for pickling I presume you're already
using cPickle (written in C) instead of Pickle (written in Python).