execute script in certain directory

brad byte8bits at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:31:05 EDT 2007

When I use idle or a shell to execute a python script, the script
executes in the directory it is currently in (in this case, my desktop).
However, when using GNOME and right clicking the py script and selecting
'open with python', the execution occurs in my home directory, not my
desktop.

Is there a way to force py scripts to always run within the directory
that they reside in?

Thanks

Brad

/home/brad/Desktop/output - python from shell
/home/brad/Desktop/output - python from idle
/home/brad/output - python from Gnome 'right click' open with menu