Screen Scraping Question

Yu-Xi Lim yuxi at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Jul 14 17:32:58 EDT 2007

jeffbg123 wrote:

> The numbers are always rendered the same. So I don't know if OCR is a
> necessary step.
>
> Also, what if I just got the data from the packets? Any disadvantages
> to that? Any good python packet capturing libraries?
>
> Thanks

Packet capture is probably a bad idea for two reasons.

1) It will give you a lot of packets you don't need and at a OSI layer
so low that reassembly is painful. Try writing a HTTP or SOCKS proxy and
get the Flash game to use that proxy.

2) Many Flash games would probably store (in the Flash file) or generate
their scenarios instead of retrieving them over the Internet.