Does Python work with QuickBooks SDK?

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:28:31 EDT 2007

On Jul 4, 1:51 pm, walterbyrd <walterb... at iname.com> wrote:
> My guess is that it would, but I can find no mention of python in the
> intuit developers site. I  can find some references to PHP and Perl,
> but no Python.
>
> I looks to me like Intuit develops have a strong preference for visual-
> basic, then c/c++, then delphi.
>
> I find it just a little bit surprising, since Python does work
> with .Net and all.

I'm not seeing a Python wrapper for the SDK, but it looks like you can
access it with COM. This thread talks a little about doing just that:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2004-May/001990.html

To learn more about Python and how to work with COM, check this site
out:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

I hope that helps you out.

Mike