Visualizing a wav file?

kaens apatheticagnostic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:05:04 EDT 2007

Hey everyone, I've done a good bit of google searching, and have found
quite a few different libraries available for sound processing.

I was wondering if anyone with more experience would like to say which
one(s) they would use  for displaying the waveform of a .wav file in
real-time, or at least as the .wav is being played.

Or is this something that would be better handled by the GUI code?
Data from whatever's reading the sound, visualization by Tkinter or wx
or whatnot?