MethodType/FunctionType and decorators

Thu Jul 5 09:17:51 EDT 2007

On Jul 5, 3:32 pm, Steve Holden <s... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Alex Popescu wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 11:17 am, Michele Simionato <michele.simion... at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Alex already explained everything beautifully. I will just add a link
> >> the definite guide to descriptors:http://users.rcn.com/python/download/Descriptor.htm
>
> >>  Michele Simionato
>
> >> (who spent lot of brain cycles studying descriptors *before* that
> >> guide was written :-()
>
> > Guys, I appreciate a lot your help and explanations. It looks like I
> > have to read/play a bit more as some of the terms/ideas are pretty new
> > to me (coming to Python with a 10 years Java bag, and only with a
> > small dynlang bag - Ruby, Perl).
>
> > Once again thanks,
>
> Please also realise that for someone new to the language you have dived
> right into the nitty gritty. This isn't necessarily a bad way to learn,
> but it does mean that there's a lot of background to assimilate as you
> go along.
>
> Good luck with your studies.

I am starting to realize this on my own :-). The true story is that
while working on Groovy (I am a committer on this dynlang meant to run
on the Java VM: http://groovy.codehaus.org) and reading some Python
materials, my interest grew exponentially. And now I have decided to
see how other succesfull java project I have co-created (TestNG:
http://testng.org) would look like in Python (this giving me the
opportunity to explore Python in more depth).

Thanks for the encouragement.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.