is_iterable function.

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jul 25 18:04:03 EDT 2007

Carsten Haese wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 19:26 +0000, Neil Cerutti wrote:
>> Speaking of the iter builtin function, is there an example of the
>> use of the optional sentinel object somewhere I could see?
>
> Example 1: If you use a DB-API module that doesn't support direct cursor
> iteration with "for row in cursor", you can simulate it this way:
>
> for row in iter(cursor.fetchone, None):
>    # do something

[...]
This would, of course, be a horribly inefficient way to handle a
database result with 1,500,000 rows. Calling fetchall() might also have
its issues. The happy medium is to use a series of calls to fetchmany(N)
with an appropriate value of N.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119