decorators tutorials

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Mon Jul 23 06:26:13 EDT 2007

james_027 a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am having difficulty understanding decorator. The definition was
> clear for me, but the syntax is not so clear to me.
>
> will decorators will always have to be in this way
>
> def check_login(func):
>     def _check_login(*args):
>         print "I am decorator"
>         return func(*args)
>     return _check_login

Sort of... Well, depends...

Basically, a decorator is a callable taking a callable as argument and
returning a callable. These callable are usually *but* not necessarily
functions. You may want to read the section about the special method
__call__ in the  Fine Manual.

Also, you may want to write a 'parameterized' decorator - a decorator
taking arguments. In this case, you need one more wrapping level:

def check_login(msg):
   def check_login_deco(func):
     def _check_login(*args, **kw):
       print msg