Threading XL [was: Re: The Modernization of Emacs: exists already]

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Wed Jul 18 10:33:22 EDT 2007

Rustom Mody wrote:
> Eh? Me? you?? Who???
> Did I say something offensive? Sorry if I did... but I dont understand...

No no, it's cool. Maybe I was a little too terse. Xah Lee likes to
crosspost his pseudo-philosophical tech-musings to several discussion
groups at regular intervalls. He's not too dumb about it either, he
usually manages to pick topics that you can easily argue about for ages
and not get anywhere (He sort of picked too easy a target with emacs
this time.).
I don't know why he does it, but my personal belief is that he just
likes to start endless discussions to feel better about himself because
that proves to him his smarts or something (hence my
one-word-explanation: Ego). Maybe he has other reasons. I couldn't care
less. What I do care about is that people just go on and on in these
threads. It's tedious and I wish people would just ignore the guy (Or
reply to him directly --- now wouldn't that be fun, people?).

> I must say that I found the earlier post useful to me as an old-time
> emacs user who's not quite upto all the latest stuff.  However it was
> quite off topic for a python list.

I fail to see how anything useful came up in this thread (except for
antropologists/sociologists maybe), but if it did for you: fine.
Whatever floats your boat :).

> The flame war that followed was quite a waste of time and bandwidth:
> -- one person who seems to know little blowing his trumpet
> -- others who know a great deal (of emacs) not acknowledging the room
> for improvement
>
> All off topic for a python list

Very nice summary.

> Sorry once again if I said something offensive.

Once again: You didn't.

/W