Tool for finding external dependencies

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 10:54:56 EDT 2007

On Jul 9, 9:27 am, Rob Cakebread <gentoo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 7:17 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Recently I ran into some debugging issues and the freeware app
> > "Dependency Walker" was suggested to me. I still haven't used it much
> > since I only got it last Friday, but it looks promising:http://www.dependencywalker.com
>
> > Mike
>
> Thanks Mike, but I'm just trying to determine Python imports, like:
>
> $ pylint g_pypi
>
> [snip lots of other tests which take a lonnnnnng time]
>
> External dependencies
> ---------------------
> ::
>
>     configobj (g_pypi.config)
>     portage (g_pypi.enamer,g_pypi.portage_utils,g_pypi.cli)
>     pkg_resources (g_pypi.cli,g_pypi.ebuild)
>     yolk
>       \-pypi (g_pypi.cli)
>       \-setuptools_support (g_pypi.cli)
>       \-yolklib (g_pypi.cli)
>     gentoolkit (g_pypi.portage_utils)
>     pygments (g_pypi.ebuild)
>       \-lexers (g_pypi.ebuild)
>       \-formatters (g_pypi.ebuild)
>     Cheetah
>       \-Template (g_pypi.ebuild)

Hmmm...I also use GUI2Exe, which may help you too. It'll list "missing
modules" and binary dependencies. It's basically a GUI interface to
py2exe:

http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/eng/GUI2Exe.html

This looks interesting, but I've never used it:

http://www.tarind.com/depgraph.html

Finally, here's some more info on modulefinder:

http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Lib/modulefinder.py

Looks like you run modulefinder like this:

<code>

mod = modulefinder.ModuleFinder()
mod.run_script(path/to/python_script.py)
mod.report()

</code>

Mike