How to create a single executable of a Python program

Ali aafshar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:38:37 EDT 2007

On Jul 25, 7:34 am, NicolasG <nicol... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear fellows,
>
> I'm trying to create a executable file using py2exe . Unfortunately
> along with the python executable file it also creates some other files
> that are needed in order to the executable be able to run in a system
> that doesn't have Python installed. Can some one guide me on how can I
> merge all this files created by py2exe in a single exe file ? If I
> have a python program that uses an image file I don't want this image
> file to be exposed in the folder but only to be accessible through the
> program flow..
>
> Regards,
> Nicolas.

Hi,

I know this is not exactly what you asked for, but if you want a
single exe installer, then take a look at something like Inno Setup.
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

It will package all that stuff into a single exe which Windows users
seem happy to click-and-install.

I blogged the process I use here:
http://unpythonic.blogspot.com/2007/07/pygtk-py2exe-and-inno-setup-for-single.html
(though this has some PyGTK specifics)