Is there a way to program a robot with python (ex, an electric motor, control it's speed, etc)

Carlos Guerrero guerrerocarlos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 00:09:20 EDT 2007

One "generic" way is using your parallel port for outputting voltages
that would control Relays [2] that would be conected to the motor.

Parapin [1] is the easiest way i know to work with parallel ports but
its for C++, the python binding is still being developed [2].

[1] http://parapin.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay
     http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rel%C3%A9 <- these graphics are kinda better
[3] http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/pyparallel.html