Why no maintained wrapper to Win32?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jul 29 00:40:35 EDT 2007

>> Why does it mean that? The Win32 APIs for GUI are up-to-date; they
>> don't need further development. Win32 itself stopped years ago.
>> You can write GUI applications with PyWin32 just fine.
>
> Besides the total lack of documentation, you mean that nothing was
> added to the Win32 API since PyWin32 was last updated?

Why do you say that the Win32 API lacks documentation? I find the
documentation at msdn.microsoft.com to be quite useful.

Yes, there haven't been many changes to Win32 in recent years (there
haven't been many system releases in the first place). Most additions
did not concern GUI programming, which is what you were after, and
even those that are recent additions are rather rarely needed, so
you likely won't miss them. If you do, ask Mark Hammond to add them.

Regards,
Martin