Portable general timestamp format, not 2038-limited

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 19:55:38 EDT 2007

(Absolutely off topic!)

En Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:50:58 -0300, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com>
escribió:

> Brunel, of course, being an original, built his system with a wider
> inter-rail gap, and passengers commented on the smoother ride they got.
> But standardization wars aren't new, and IKB lost that one.

And later the Great Western Railway got the most beautiful locomotives of
all times!

I don't know the current status, but some years ago here in Argentina
around 40% of the railroad system were using "wide gauge" = 1676mm, wider
than standard but not as wide as the original GWR.
Now most of the passenger lines are defunct and cargo lines trend to use
narrow gauge = 1000mm so the proportion may be much smaller now.

--
Gabriel Genellina