[mostly OT] mod_python & doc file system layout

Jan Danielsson jan.m.danielsson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:22:11 EDT 2007

Hello all,

   This is probably more of an apache question, but I'm guessing there
will be other mod_python-beginners who are wondering the same thing.

   Let's say I have a web app called MyApp. It uses the usual images and
style sheets. I keep it all in
~/projects/MyApp/{styles,images,index.py,.htaccess}. I configure up
apache to use virtual hosts, and point it to MyApp.

   Now when I access myapp.local (which points to 127.0.0.1, obviously),
my index.py is parsed properly. However, any access made to /images or
/styles end up being handled by mod_python, which isn't good, because it
won't load images or style sheets.

   I have solved this by moving index.py (and the associated .htaccess)
to a subdirectory "main".

   I guess one solution would be to make an access to / on the virtual
server redirect to main.

   Another solution, I guess, would be to make the python script load
the images and style sheets.. A solution which I find to be particularly
ugly. :-)

   Any mod_python users out there with any other solutions?

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson