first, second, etc line of text file

Jeff McNeil jeff at jmcneil.net
Wed Jul 25 19:53:06 EDT 2007

Yup, I actually had log files in mind, too.  I process Apache logs from an
8-way cluster every 15 minutes. There are 32,000 sites on said cluster;
that's a lot of log data!

I didn't actually think anyone would go *try* to
open("war_and_peace.txt").readlines().. I just meant it as a generalization
for "really large file." =)

-Jeff