Auto-parallelizing with decorators?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Fri Jul 6 11:53:05 EDT 2007

Stefan Behnel wrote:

> Wouldn't that require parallelism in the interpreter first? Mind the
> GIL...

That may be.  I'd bet though that I could whip up a native Python workalike
using os.fork() that would work around GIL, at least on Unix (just because
I don't know if Windows has os.fork(), having never looked for it).

I know something like this wouldn't be the easiest thing to implement, but
honestly, having such beautiful constructs as map() and list comprehensions
available is just begging for an application like this.
--
Kirk Strauser