PEP 3107 and stronger typing (note: probably a newbie question)

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jul 8 18:52:29 EDT 2007

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> writes:
> As far as I can see, the only difference is that the list comp variable
> isn't explicitly created with a statement of the form "name = value". Why
> is that a problem?

I don't know that listcomp vars are worse problem than other vars;
however there is an easy workaround for the listcomp vars so I use it.
If there was a way to restrict the scope of other local vars (I gave
examples from other languages of how this can be done), I'd use that too.