Tool for finding external dependencies

Rob Cakebread gentoodev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:42:47 EDT 2007

On Jul 9, 7:54 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
> <code>
>
> mod = modulefinder.ModuleFinder()
> mod.run_script(path/to/python_script.py)
> mod.report()
>
> </code>
>
> Mike

Nope. All of those tools and the code above show *all* imports/
dependencies, which is way too much information. I just need the
'external' dependencies, like in the example from pylint I pasted
above. If nothing exists I'll just have to figure out how pylint does
it.

I'm working on g-pypi which creates ebuilds for Gentoo Linux. For
packages that use setuptools I can get the dependencies easily enough
because of 'install_requires', but for packages that don't, I need
another way to find them.

Thanks,
Rob