Tix not properly installed on OS X?

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Tue Jul 24 13:16:27 EDT 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at Jul 24:10:28 AM, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> You need an up-to-date installation of the base Tix package on your
> system, in the same path as your Tcl/Tk libraries. I downloaded and
> built the most recent version of Tix from http://tix.sf.net (dated
> November 2006) and the Python samples run fine.

So I tried to build Tix, and it complains about a tcl header file
(tclPort.h).  My Tcl stuff is in /System/Library/Frameworks/
Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/, but the header file doesn't exist.  I
assume I need to download the source for Tcl and build that, or is it
enough to have the headers from the source of tcl?  I just don't want
to break something that is already there.

thanks!

		bb

--
Brian Blais