Help text embedding in C code?

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 30 19:24:17 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I have a python module I wrote in C some time ago and I have since
forgotten how to use my functions and so I wanted to add some
doc-strings such that "help(function_name)" would give some help in the
interactive interpreter. In the cPython source, it seems like python
wrapper functions provide this documentation in doc-strings. Is this the
advisable way? It seems silly to have to write a python wrapper around a
python extension just to have doc-strings available. Is it possible to
embed this information in the C source directly or is that too much
trouble and I should just start typing HTML.reStructuredText for this
sort of thing?

James

--
James Stroud