Iteration over strings

Hexamorph hexamorph at gmx.net
Tue Jul 31 21:29:05 EDT 2007

Jay Loden schrieb:

> Well, I don't want to start a flamewar or anything like that

Nothing like that intended here either :)

OTOH, on most forums, lists, boards, etc, I am active, the constant
fear about "flamewars" annoys me somewhat. As long as it doesn't get
insulting, derogative or bull-headed it should be perfectly OK (even
when it becomes somewhat hot-blooded)

> [... ]What I don't like is how frequently I run into things that just aren't documented *well* ;) As an example, reading the docs for the "socket" module repeatedly tells you things like 'see the UNIX manual' instead of just documenting the appropriate information. I realize these are simply thin wrappers for C sockets, but that still assumes your audience is rather intimately familiar with socket programming in C on UNIX.

Well, OK, but that's the drawback of a language with it's origin in
the Unix scene. The other way, imagine some VisualBasic for Linux
implementation.... (and try to get some info about some COM object)

Anyway, we are going OT...