OT Annoying Habits

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 19 20:39:40 EST 2007

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> At Friday 19/1/2007 18:43, Carroll, Barry wrote:
>
> >Secondly, can someone point me to the Standard Usenet Convention
> >that mandates against top-posting.  This is not sarcasm; I would
> >really like to see it.
>
> There are some guidelines, like RFC 1855 (not a real standard, or
> enforced in any way):

They *are* enforced: by social convention. In other words, they're
codified recordings of behaviour the society prefers. To the extent
that's true, they are enforced by that society.

--
 \       "I met my girlfriend in Macy's; she was buying clothes, and I |
  `\        was putting Slinkies on the escalators."  -- Steven Wright |