Need startup suggestions for writing a MSA viewer GUI in python

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 09:18:05 EST 2007

Joel Hedlund wrote:

> ideas from you people to get me going in the right direction. Despite my
> GUI n00b-ness I need to get it good and usable with an intuitive look
> and feel.

UI design requires a different skillset than programming. It can be a
very frustrating and thankless task as well. It is incomparably easier
to see the flaws in existing interfaces than correcting them (or even
creating the said interface). Make sure to start with something simple,
and learn that way.

I would also recommend that you implement something novel, there are
many existing MSA viewers and it won't be easy to improve on them. Do
something that adds new value and people will be willing to expend
effort to use it.

i.