OT Annoying Habits (Was: when format strings attack)

Nick Maclaren nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jan 20 08:19:29 EST 2007

In article <mailman.2923.1169256506.32031.python-list at python.org>,
"Carroll, Barry" <Barry.Carroll at psc.com> writes:

|> My thanks to Aahz and the others who responded.  I also did some
|> Googling on my own.  I found out that top-posting is the norm in the
|> e-mail world.  Bottom- and inline-posting are the norm in the newsgroup
|> world. =20

Sorry, even that is not so.  I have been using Email since the 1960s,
and top-posting has been used only by the inconsiderate.

Note that, when you include a complete document in a message (whether
Email or anything else), then you should put it at the bottom.  Rather
like an appendix.  But top-posting when you are responding to Email
is as discourteous as top-posting when you are responding to newsgroups.

|> So I concede the point, and I'm bottom-posting like a good citizen. =20

Excellent!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.