"Correct" db adapter

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Wed Jan 31 12:24:19 EST 2007

king kikapu a écrit :
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I think i do not need something like ORM, but just a db-module that i
> can "work" the database with it.

FWIW, SQLAlchemy is not an ORM, but an higher-level API for SQL
integration. The ORM part is an optional feature built on top of this
API. But I'm not sure SQLAlchemy supports SQL Server anyway !-)

> I just want to know if pyodbc is the "correct" solution to do so or if
> it is another db-module that is more
> usefull for this job.

AFAICT:

* there's an experimental MS SQL Server db-module:
http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/

* the Win32 extensions offers support for ADO, but then it's not db-api
compliant

* unless you use adodbapi, but I don't know if it's still supported
(last release is 3+ years old):
http://adodbapi.sourceforge.net/

HTH