Parallel Python

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Fri Jan 12 08:49:59 EST 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:21, Paul Boddie wrote:

> done. My own experience with regard to releasing software is that even
> with an open source licence, most people are likely to ignore your
> projects than to suddenly jump on board and take control, and even if

My experience is exactly the same. And looking into the big world of
Open Source programs, the only case I ever heard of in which a
project was forked by someone else is the Emacs/XEmacs split. I'd be
happy if any of my projects ever reached that level of interest.

> Related to your work, I've released a parallel execution solution
> called parallel/pprocess [1] under the LGPL and haven't really heard
> about anyone really doing anything with it, let alone forking it and

That's one more project... It seems that there is significant
interest in parallel computing in Python. Perhaps we should start a
special interest group? Not so much in order to work on a single
project; I believe that at the current state of parallel computing we
still need many different approaches to be tried. But an exchange of
experience could well be useful for all of us.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France