What is the dummy statement that do nothing in Python?

Dongsheng Ruan ruan at jcmills.com
Wed Jan 31 12:09:21 EST 2007

Yes, that's just what I want.

Thanks!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Analog Kid
  To: Dongsheng Ruan
  Cc: python-list at python.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:04 PM
  Subject: Re: What is the dummy statement that do nothing in Python?

  hey dongsheng:
  not too sure what you are looking for ... but i guess a simple "pass" statement should do it ...

  if a > b: pass

  hth,
  -ajay

  On 1/31/07, Dongsheng Ruan <ruan at jcmills.com> wrote:
    I remember that in python there is some kind of dummy statement that just
    holds space and does nothing.

    I want it to hold the place after a something like if a>b: do nothing

    I can't just leave the space blank after if statement because there will be
    error message.

    Does anybody know what to insert there?

    Thanks!

  BBQ - "Spare (My) Ribs" being contemplated