PY Zip

risomt at gmail.com risomt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 02:32:27 EST 2007

On Jan 31, 12:18 am, "GISDude" <gisdudes... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to find a module that has a Zip utility that I can use in
> Python. I would like to be able to call the module and ZIP up a
> directory. I thought there was such a module, but I have not been able
> to find it.
>
> I need this to be able to be used in Python Win. Is there a ZIP utilty
> already stored with a basic PYTHON download?
>
> Thanks all.

the module is named "zipfile" (http://docs.python.org/lib/module-
zipfile.html)

http://docs.python.org/lib/zipfile-objects.html#zipfile-objects has
more indepth information on all functions

I can't say i've ever used it, but it seems pretty straightforward and
mostly reminiscent of the basic read/write file modules.