My python programs need a GUI, wxPython or PyQt4?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Jan 24 10:32:28 EST 2007

hg wrote:
> Kevin Walzer wrote:

>>> Tablelist: http://www.nemethi.de/
>>> Tabelist for Tkinter (with Tile support):
>>> http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TableListTileWrapper
>>>
>> Additionally, here is a link to some screenshots for Tablelist:
>>
>> http://www.nemethi.privat.t-online.de/tablelist/screenshots.html
>>

>> --
>> Kevin Walzer
>> Code by Kevin
>> http://www.codebykevin.com
>
> Just for info - one of the reasons I stopped using Tkinter a few years ago
> was for the lack of print support (preview ...) - is there such an
> extension today ?
>
> hg

Printing is the one glaring omission from Tk/Tkinter--at least a unified
printing framework. There are platform-specific extensions for Mac and
Windows. On *Nix, I think most Tk/Tkinter programs just call lpr. None
of these libraries work in quite the same way, so there isn't a simple
way to simply call a standard Tk/Tkinter function to print your data.

This recent thread on comp.lang.tcl discusses the issue:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/735c4612541f8669/707463acf6d02c46?

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin