OT Annoying Habits (Was: when format strings attack)

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Fri Jan 19 18:59:11 EST 2007

<<snip>>

> Funny, I've been on Usenet for more than fifteen years, continuously
> (and long-windedly -- but that's another matter) and I've never seen a
> Usenet group where top-posting was standard.  Anyway, here's a good
> resource:
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html
> --
> Aahz (aahz at pythoncraft.com)           <*>
> http://www.pythoncraft.com/
>
> Help a hearing-impaired person: http://rule6.info/hearing.html

My thanks to Aahz and the others who responded.  I also did some
Googling on my own.  I found out that top-posting is the norm in the
e-mail world.  Bottom- and inline-posting are the norm in the newsgroup
world.

So I concede the point, and I'm bottom-posting like a good citizen.

Regards,

Barry
barry.carroll at psc.com
541-302-1107
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.

-Quarry worker's creed