PQueue and Python 2.5

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 20 05:29:23 EST 2007

Berteun Damman schrieb:
> I haven't got a clue how to investigate this, but I would be willing to
> help if someone has any ideas.

There are a number of problems in this code; the most significant one is
the incorrect usage of memory management API. In pqueue_dealloc, the
call PyMem_DEL(pqp) should read PyObject_DEL(pqp), as the object was
allocated with PyObject_NEW. Because this was a common error once,
Python up to 2.4 detected that error and silently corrected it (at some
runtime cost); Python 2.5 now has removed this work-around.

I'll contact the author.

Regards,
Martin