Just Getting Started with Python on MS XP Pro

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Jan 6 01:35:35 EST 2007

On 2007-01-06, DouhetSukd at gmail.com <DouhetSukd at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only real XP drawback is that Python is not bundled on
> Windows, while it is included with OS X and most (all?) Linux
> distros.

While it's true that Microsoft doesn't bundle Python with
Windows, a _lot_ of XP computers do come with Python installed.
My IBM ThinkPad came out of the box with Python installed. I've
read that a few other large PC vendors (HP/Compaq?) also ship
Python pre-installed on their machines.

However, it's not usually installed in a manner that makes it
conveniently usable by the end-user...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  NOW, I'm supposed
                                  at               to SCRAMBLE two, and HOLD