When argparse will be in the python standard installation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 4 03:28:56 EST 2007

Steven Bethard schrieb:
> If someone has an idea how to include argparse features into optparse,
> I'm certainly all for it. But I tried and failed to do this myself, so I
> don't know how to go about it.

It's not necessary that the implementation is retained, only that the
interface is preserved. So if you can come up with an implementation
that supports all optparse applications, and adds the additional
features, your implementation could replace the current optparse.
If you need to make incompatible changes, it would be best if you
could produce a list of such changes, so that optparse users can
review them to find out whether they are affected.

Regards,
Martin