Code reformater?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jan 20 21:51:24 EST 2007

At Saturday 20/1/2007 14:37, Siggi wrote:

> > When I copy/paste Python code from the web, every so often,
> > the TABs are wrong, which means that the code won't work and I have to
> > manually reformat the code.
> >
> > Is there a code reformater that can parse the code to make it right?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
>Maybe my thread "help: code formatter, 08/01/2007 helps a little? Here are
>some of the answers:
>
>*
>Why don't you just write one? :)
>Seriously: Try.
>*
>Tools\scripts\reindent.py in your Python distribution.
>*
>Why, yes, there is:
>  http://lacusveris.com/PythonTidy/PythonTidy.python
>*
>tabnanny ?

As the indentation *is* significant in python, none of the above can
help if you lose the indentation. Try to reconstruct this:

def foo():
if a>0:
if b>0:
print 1
print 2
else:
return 3
return 4

The tools may help to make the indentation consistent (tabs/8
spaces/4 spaces/2 spaces mixed) or look better, but not to make it right.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.