POSH

S.Mohideen moin at blackhole.labs.rootshell.ws
Tue Jan 16 17:50:33 EST 2007

Hi Folks,
                I am implementing a multithreaded Network application in Python. As most of you know that the GIL hinders the performance scalablity in SMP machines. I came across POSH. Here they talk about multiple instances of Python Interpreter sticking around a Shared memory , bypassing the GIL effect.  Is anybody tried the POSH - does it really increases the performance ?? How good or bad is to have the POSH module imported into ones Python code. Please share your experience, if any, about POSH.

Cheers
Moin

--
S.Mohideen <moin at blackhole.labs.rootshell.ws>