Embedding Python with Tkinter

Ivan Johansen ng6 at padowan.dk
Thu Jan 11 17:49:45 EST 2007

I have written a Windows GUI application in C++ and I would like to
embed Python into the application to enable users to write plugins.

The problem is when the plugin tries to use Tkinter. Tkinter creates its
own root window, which I remove by calling:
root = Tk()
root.withdraw()

But when I create a new dialog with Tkinter, I have to create it without
a parent, which causes it to be shown in the task bar and I cannot make
it modal. Does anyone know how to create a Tkinter window as a child of
a window that was not created by Tkinter?

Ivan Johansen