division by 7 efficiently ???

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 31 22:01:49 EST 2007

krypto.wizard at gmail.com writes:

> How to divide a number by 7 efficiently without using - or /
> operator.  We can use the bit operators. I was thinking about bit
> shift operator but I don't know the correct answer.

I think you are asking for help on a homework assignment in violation
of collusion and plagiarism rules of your educational institution, and
I claim my ten zorkmids.

Please use the resources made available to you in your course of
study; this almost certainly does not include having people on
discussion forums answer the homework for you.

--
 \       "I like to go to art museums and name the untitled paintings. |
  `\             'Boy With Pail'. 'Kitten On Fire'."  -- Steven Wright |