Learning Python book, new edition?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 22:16:53 EST 2007

Robert Hicks wrote:
> I would get "Core Python Programming" by Wesley Chun. It covers just
> about everything under the sun and includes version 2.5.

Robert, thanks for the plug.  if the OP wants to learn more about my
book and its philosophy, feel free to check out my comments on the
Amazon product page and/or the book's website at http://corepython.com
to see if it's right for you.

more on topic, here's a summary of Python books which are rev'd up to
2.5, categorized but not in any particular order:

Python learning:
- Python for Dummies, Maruch, Sep 2006
- Core Python Programming, Chun, Sep 2006

Python pure reference:
- Python Essential Reference, Beazley, Feb 2006
- Python in a Nutshell, Martelli, Jul 2006

Python case study reference:
- Programming Python, Lutz, Aug 2006

Enjoy!
-wesley